Wednesday, September 27, 2006

September 27, 2006

A few weeks ago someone hacked our web host, and Chez Adria has been down since. I'm waiting for my dear husband to show me how to reinstate it, and in the meantime I guess I'll blog here. I wish I knew more about web security and how to keep the same thing from happening again.

P is running around getting ready to attend a Corporate Alliance reunion, and I am wondering how I'm going to manage for 3 days without him. Up until recently I would have said that the toughest thing I've ever done was survive the first four months of the twins' lives. I honestly don't know how parents of high order multiples do it; heck, I don't know how moms of twins do it and stay sane. Anyway, it was tough but we got through it. It's probably a good thing I didn't realize just how challenging the toddler years would be, especially with a newborn added into the mix.

The following is typical of my entire day, every day. I was nursing S and feeling relieved that no one was trying to maul her, nor was anyone throwing a remote control at us for the moment. It was then that I realized that I couldn't see T, which inevitably meant he was on the kitchen counter. I set S down, hoping she wouldn't cry, and ran into the kitchen to get T down. It was then that I slipped on the puddle of ice water that Miss I. had spilled on the kitchen floor. Of course I went sliding before ungracefully landing hard on my butt. I quickly lifted T off the counter, then realized that Miss I was loving S to death. I set T down, ran to rescue S a terrified S, turned around, and T was back on the counter. Earlier this week I made an much needed 30 second bathroom trip - S in the sling of course - and by the time I got back T was on the counter, had got into the medicine cabinet, opened the childproof cap on a bottle and dumped the entire contents into the sink. I kid you not that this took place in the space of less than one minute.

This too will pass. That's been my mantra, over and over. I know it will, but I hate that I'm wishing this precious time with my babies away and I just hope I can retain my sanity during these months.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

You know some of the best advice I received as a mother of a newborn and toddler(s)? It was to gather a box full of special things, to only be used during nursing time. Books, toys, videos etc. My toddlers would get so excited when it was time to nurse the baby, so nursing time became special for them too. Hope this can help you too! While I didn't have twins, I had a 3 yr old, 2 yr old and a newborn. Good luck!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home