Tuesday, January 17, 2006

15 weeks and finally a real blog entry

I haven't been feeling well the last few days. My uterus feels very heavy and it's uncomfortable for me to move about or change positions. There's something funky going on with my sciatic nerve, too. I'm not complaining though. It's been a good while since I've had a bad headache and I'm so glad that the nausea is gone. Overall I feel quite good; it's just that I felt really good up until a few days ago.

I had a nice trip to San Francisco. I started missing the babies immediately, but it was good to get away. I totally pampered myself shopping at Lush and had plenty of time to catch up on sleep. We visited the Golden Gate Bridge and I got to eat at The Cheesecake Factory.

I've enrolled in some community education classes that I'm fairly enthusiastic about. Parenting with Love and Logic is one that the husband and I will take together. I'm a little burned out on parenting philosophies, and trying to mold myself into the perfect parent so that my kids will do their chores and get along. But I'm willing to give this a shot, since it's a free class and I've heard good things about the program. I've also signed up for a photography class that will hopefully teach me more than just the bare bones basics, and a Photoshop class. I'd really like to take some in-depth photography classes but I'll have to drive at least 20 minutes for that and I figure I'd try these first.

My oldest is getting braces next month, and G got 6 cavities filled last month. Little by little I'm trying to get everyone in to see the dentist. My 3 year old had an appointment today - no cavities! Hurray for that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Hallford said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

It sounds like you're doing a good job of taking care of yourself and your interests. I hope you get the meds worked out & stay healthy!

One thing that I wish I'd known about a long time ago is Early Childhood PTA. It's been the best thing ever for getting to know awesome, friendly women quickly. I was a doubter when I first heard about it ("what good is a PTA if the kids are too young for school?"), but the women who sign up are all there to meet other moms & form support systems. The school PTAs just don't have the same vibe.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Adria.. {{{hugs}}}
I've heard good things about Love and Logic.. but I know that "burned out" feeling. I keep coming back to that quote, "There's no one way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one."

I know the "reaching out" thing too, being an introvert. I think also for me, I felt like a good mommy should just 100% focus on the kids, and didn't "need" girlfriends. Gosh, I've learned that's so wrong. We NEED to still be women, to connect with other women. Hard to do when you've shut yourself off.. but you can do it!

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home