Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Day one, NYC and more on adoption

P and I are in NYC for a few days. He's attending a conference and invited me along for a mini-vacation. We flew in last night. I was incredibly tired by the time we got settled in, and didn't sleep well in a room that was too cold with a strange bed. This morning I was able to sleep in while P was at the conference and then spent a couple of hours walking around downtown. It was kind of fun, but cold and I walked too much. I don't want to stay in the hotel all day long but my pregnant body isn't accustomed to this much walking. I'm taking a break now, and then headed back to Times Square in an hour to try and get tickets to a Broadway show tonight or tomorrow.

I received an email today on one of my adoption lists. It breaks my heart that there are so many children in need of homes, and while we'd be willing to adopt many countries won't approve us because in their eyes our family is already too big. The children available on this site are all ones that particularly need to be placed. The little Taiwanese girl we were interested in has been taken down; I fervently hope this means she's found a forever family. The children on this page all have very low fees. If you are interested or know of anyone who might be, please take a look.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Adria, I looked at the site. So many beautiful children that tugged at my heart.
I hope they all find homes..they soo deserve it.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home