Monday, January 23, 2006

Most of the time I'm ok with the knowledge that our adoptions aren't happening. We still haven't received word from Taiwan about the young girl, and I don't expect we ever will. Why they don't say no rather than keep us hanging is a mystery, but I've come to accept it.

The same goes for the Samoan boys. I will have 8 children keeping me busy, and most days I'm okay with not adopting more anytime soon. I've come to accept that Samoa has stopped processing adoptions, and that it just isn't happening. The boys are probably better off in Samoa, in many ways. Most days I have peace.

But some days it still hurts like nothing else. They were ours. In the eyes of the Samoan court, they were our children. They've been ours in our hearts for so many years. My younger kids ask when they're coming home. My heart breaks when I think of all the nights and months I've cried for them. It just doesn't seem fair. If they're our boys, why can't we bring them home?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Adria-they are your boys. And whether it be in this life or the next, you will have them. you will be together with them.

((hugs))

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home