Monday, May 23, 2005

Adria vs the yeastie beasties

I'm still battling yeast. I do eat too much sugar, and I can't manage to give it up. Right now I'm taking diflucan again, and using Newman's ointment topically. I'm not treating the babies with anything but I am sterilizing bottles and pacifiers. We're still nursing! I've started up the domperidone again. I'd hoped to have eliminated the yeast, but at this rate who knows how long that will take. Right now they both nurse a couple of times during the day, and I exclusively nurse at night whenever possible. Indigo must be having a growth spurt because she used to sleep most of the night and lately she nurses all night long.

I weighed the babies 2 weeks ago. Taran weighed 15 lbs and Indigo weighed 12.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adria have you tried Acidophilus? That cleared up my thrush in 24 hours! It's a probiotic which helps your body fight off the yeast.

PS Grow babies grow!

4:40 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

So sorry to hear you're having yeast problems. I did too for the longest time with the twins.

You need to treat the babies too or you'll just keep passing it back and forth. You might want to talk to your Dr about a prescription for them as well. But at least do some acidophilus in their mouths. If they are on rice-cereal just break open the capsule and mix the acidophilus in.

What helped me - was doing everything at once, the diflucan, acidophilus, GSE, low sugar, gentian violet (on me and then let the babies nurse - so they got it too), along with what I called "salad nipples". A mister with water and a touch of olive oil and vinnegar that I used a couple times a day. For some reason that seemed to help clear it up.

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home