Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I swear if this blog gets any more depressing I won't have any readers.

My life is really not all complaints but this is a place for me to get them out and sometimes, that is enough.

I think I'm getting sick. I don't feel well. I'm very tired and my throat feels raw. The last two days have been really hard for me, physically and emotionally. I needed my husband, and he was working. To be fair, he did go to the health food store for me yesterday and he joined us for Trick or Treating. I know he's got a lot going on, and I am happy for him that his career is taking off. But I need him. I had hoped when he changed jobs that he would be more available. Instead he is busier than ever.

He tells me it won't always be like this. He's juggling 3 jobs now and it's hard to fit everything in a day. All I know is he is still working around the clock and we are still broke. And one of those jobs was supposed to be 86'ed a long time ago.

We've got a trip coming up this weekend. We planned it months ago, a romantic getaway with friends to San Francisco for 3 days. We're taking along the twins and two teenagers, all staying in our room, so the romantic part is out the door. I'm hoping I feel well enough to enjoy it. I'm hoping I'm able to enjoy being with my husband instead of feeling resentment. Being broke, sick, and weepy probably does not bode well for our romantic getaway.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Queen said...

Noone from church can take the kids? Ask!!!

We just got away together for the weekend for the first time in 7 years.

It was so much better than I thought. 7 years is too long to wait. I took two kids for a church family for a week once. One three year old and one 9-month old. It was good for me and great for the parents and the kids learned that the world holds other people who will care about them.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Annalise said...

Sorry you're feeling sick :-(

We are pinching pennies at the moment too; it really does get one down after a while.

Re romance while you're away - you can at least lock yourselves in the bathroom for a while for some - ahem - time alone. "Mommy's going to take a shower while Daddy shaves" is the excuse we always use. Not all *that* romantic but better than nothing :-)

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home