Sunday, September 25, 2005

Busy day on Saturday

G had been complaining of tooth pain for the past several days. I'd been giving her homeopathic teething medicine, which wasn't helping. I suspected she had a molar coming in because when she pointed to where the pain was, it was back in her gums behind her teeth.

Saturday morning she awoke with a face which was tremendously swollen on one side. It was huge and misshapen, hot and tender to the touch. We called our dentist who said it was most likely a cavity that had gone to the nerve and become an abcess. He called in a prescription for antibiotics and will see her on Tuesday. She's starting to feel better today, and the swelling is slowly going down, but it's been a rough few days and she has been in a lot of pain.

P and I went to the Utah Livestock Auction and came home 4 animals richer. We added a calf, two sheep, and a horse to our barnyard collection, which previously consisted of a llama, Shetland pony, 10-ish chickens, a rooster, 2 geese, a bunch of ducks, 2 goats, a family of rabbits, and a puppy. Whew. I think we're done for a while.

We had to scramble to get ready and then took T with us to the Utah Symphony's performance of Beethoven's 9th. I originally intended to write a lot about the Symphony, but suffice it to say that it was the most incredible, beautiful music I've ever heard in my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

shoot I was hoping for a picture!

I hope she's finally feeling better!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home