Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I made an appointment with my therapist today. We really can't afford it right now but I haven't been for several months and I really need help sorting things out. My life is so blessed. I feel guilty for not being incredibly happy all of the time. I have so many thoughts careening through my head and I feel so helpless so much of the time. Having someone to talk to really helps me to figure things out and devise a plan of action. I know I need to make some changes and make a place for ME in my life. I am so busy taking care of everyone else that I neglect myself, and yet I don't know how to go about changing that. Life is so complicated with a workaholic husband and two little babies, not to mention the other kids and their various needs. Some days I feel like I'm just going to explode, and today is one of those days.

I really regret getting a perm. It looks cute when Marcee styles it, but I cannot recreate the look myself. Instead I'm stuck with frizzy scarecrow hair, as you can see from the picture below. I miss my old hair. :'(

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

i don't think you have frizzy scarecrow hair!

I think that if you have time to style your hair once a week with twins you're doing better than I am with one baby! LOL!

I'm glad you made an appt with your therapist--you know when you need that extra pair of ears.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Adria - it gets better. It really gets better. That first year is so crazy! Once your twins wean or are able to take a sippy cup you will be able to do more that's for "you". I started back playing in an orchestra 6 weeks ago and it's really helped me a lot. I thought I was going to go insane or pyschotic that first year myself. But I'm doing a lot better NOW. Just to give you hope.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home