Friday, April 01, 2005

Tomorrow is my birthday! I'll be 34.

I feel bad because I spoiled my birthday surprise. Tonight my husband told me that in the morning I could go to the Coach outlet and buy something (my all time favorite thing to do). I was so excited, but then I got to thinking that I'd rather put that money toward a treadmill instead. I really want to get back into shape and it's so hard to get both babies settled enough that I can leave the house and go to the track. And it's too cold right now to take them out. So I told my husband I'd rather buy an MP3 player or go comparison shopping for treadmills. From the look on his face I immediately knew I'd said the wrong thing. It turns out those were the two things he was thinking of getting me, and he was sending me to the Coach outlet so I'd be out of the house long enough for him to get the treadmill and get it set up. If only I'd known I could have had that and a Coach purse to boot ;-)

Ever since I ruined the surprise he's been in a bad mood. I know he had a long day at work so that doesn't help. I feel really bad, and no matter how much I reassure him that I'm delighted with the surprise, it didn't turn out the way he had envisioned it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home